December 18, 2016

2017 10th Annual Graphic Novel & Manga Reading Challenge





It's time to start signing up for the 2017 challenge.  This is the 10th anniversary of this challenge and my 6th year as host


  • Please write a sign-up post on your blog and then sign-up below with a link to your specific sign-up post (NOT to your home page).  
  • What counts:  graphic novels, collected trade editions, manga, comic strip collections, comic books or combinations of text and bubbles all in the same book. In print or digital. Anything else you feel is suitable.  My personal criteria is if it has either frames OR speech bubbles it counts.  I'm not going to be the comic police but if you are unsure, ask me in the comments any given month.
  • You must write a review and link to it for it to count towards the challenge. Reviews may be posted on your blog or goodreads or similar places. Several reviews may be gathered and posted in one link on your blog, but each book must be linked back here in the monthly linkies to count. Come back every month to record your progress.

Here is how the Challenge plays out:

runs from Jan.1 - Dec. 31, 2017
Levels

Modern Age: read and review 12 books during the year (that's only 1 book a month)
Bronze Age: read and review 24 books during the year (Can you handle 2 books a month.)
Silver Age: read and review 52 books during the year (Are you up to a book a week!)

Golden Age: read and review 104 books during the year (Are you addicted? 2 books a week!)




   

14 comments:

Jamie Ghione said...

i, I'm in a gain. Thanks for hosting.

Adriana @ BooksOnHerMind said...

In for Silver Age!

John Mutford said...

I'm in again. Thanks for hosting (and doing a stellar job!). I'll sign on now for Silver Age. I know this year I wound up surpassing Golden Age, but I'm not confident that I can keep up that pace.

Unknown said...

I'm in for Modern Age, to begin with anyway. I started reading the "lead-in" comics to Avengers vs. X-Men so I could hopefully make sense of all the attached storylines when I get to it. This should help encourage me to continue.

Mandy said...

I love this!!! I signed up!!!!

tvtv3 said...

I've signed up again. Hoping that I will be able to do better next year than this year. Thanks for hosting!

Ahmed Bhuiyan said...

Seems interesting. Count me in for the Golden Age (may as well make my addiction productive)

Thanks for the challenge :)

Joseph R. said...

Going for Silver again!

Anonymous said...

I am in again for Bronze Age for now. Thanks for hosting again also.

Steph said...

I am in for Bronze again :) - Stephanie

Anonymous said...

Thanks book translation services

Custom Sign said...

Custom Sign are an effective way to capture foot traffic more and more locally and maximize your business.

Custom Sign said...

Creating a brand involves a lot of visual elements, and your new custom sign is going to play a key role in developing yours. Having the right colors, font, logo, material and print can create a powerful sign that resonates with customers.

Anonymous said...

At Pro-translation we know all about professional Book translation service into any language you may be thinking on. Get your book widely recognized all over the world through our professional translation team. Don´t be worry about language variants, content localization or subject field. Pro-translation´s team is composed of professional target language native translators. We are well-qualify to carry out any book translation including novel, script, fable, fiction book, nonfiction books, engineering, user manual, etc.